Monday, 12 October 2015

Just astonishing

A fantastic, warm welcome was given to the contemporary textiles from New Zealand by visitors to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace last week.
From Wednesday morning through to Sunday evening I was kept busy discussing the work of the 15 artists on display at our gallery stand. My jaw will probably take a week to recover from the chatting! I heard many times visitors saying that is was their favourite exhibit at the show.
See for yourself:

The overall floor plan of the show, we were one of the red galleries.

TGQ8 was us

The gallery from the front.



NZ Contemporary Textile Art Gallery at the Knitting and Stitching Show

NZ Contemporary Textile Art Gallery at the Knitting and Stitching Show

NZ Contemporary Textile Art Gallery at the Knitting and Stitching Show

NZ Contemporary Textile Art Gallery at the Knitting and Stitching Show

NZ Contemporary Textile Art Gallery at the Knitting and Stitching Show

NZ Contemporary Textile Art Gallery at the Knitting and Stitching Show

NZ Contemporary Textile Art Gallery at the Knitting and Stitching Show

NZ Contemporary Textile Art Gallery at the Knitting and Stitching Show

NZ Contemporary Textile Art Gallery at the Knitting and Stitching Show

NZ Contemporary Textile Art Gallery at the Knitting and Stitching Show
A few engrossed and delighted visitors:





And some of their comments:

Fabulous
Great Works, congratulations
Georgeous touch of home
Lovely work, really good to see work from your beautiful country
Love your work - be proud
Ronnie Martin - Your work is beautiful, it has made my day
I love these, they are so cool
I have to tell you, we love everything
Beautiful art - I love the birds
That zipper piece is incredibly powerful. I pray for the girls
Just astonishing, really one of the best things I have seen for a long time
Terrific


2 comments:

pollyannapenguin said...

Well I, for one, had a fab time at the show and I thought your exhibit was fabulous - tremendous skill and terrific variety.

chocolatefrog said...

Looks wonderful! And what a great achievement to organise, transport and display all that work. I don't suppose it'll be at Harrogate?