Monday, 14 May 2012

Impressive Metal at Thames Valley Contemporary Quilters

Saturday saw me scooting down the M1 and round the M25 to Bracknell to spend the day with a lovely group of contemporary quilters. Having talked to them in the morning about my work and inspirations, after lunch it was their turn to set to on metal.
Everyone had an 'Impressive Metals' pack with their materials and we embossed copper shim, coloured it with alcohol inks then cut into it and stitched it onto velvet and dyed cotton scrim. Finishing the piece with a scattering of beads.
Thanks to everyone who took part, and I hope that when you get home and have beads just the right colour and an evening to finish the pieces off, that you were all pleased with the results.
Linda Seward sent me some pictures (I have taken out most of those with me pulling strange faces to save embarassment):













No comments: